Environmental monitoring can generate enormous amounts of data, but what you really need is the information locked within it. Designed for non-statisticians, Aardvark (Analyse Any Routine Data; Visually Acquire Real Knowledge) is a Windows-based software tool that can help you to get the most from your environmental monitoring data.
Leading you through a logical sequence of operations, Aardvark will quickly and simply guide you to the most appropriate statistical methods. It uses a flexible and informative graphics system that allows you to see data trends readily and presents soundly-based conclusions in a non-statistical language.
Aardvark will help you to:
- Spot important changes and trends in quality
- Assess the adequacy of sampling programmes
- Save money by improving programme efficiency
Aardvark's impressive array of statistical functions includes:
- Parametric estimation of percentiles
- Automatic 'cusum hinge' selection option
- Fitting of seasonality models
- Saving of residuals from seasonal and regression models
- Data filtering by month or year
- Data summary
- Time series with optional sideways histogram
- Histogram with fitted Normal and log-Normal models
- Year-on-year seasonality plot
- Cusum analysis to detect step changes
- Two-variable time series and scatter plot
- Days between successive samples.
The Aardvark package includes:
- The Aardvark for Windows diskette
- Example data files
- A comprehensive User Guide
Visit the AARDVARK web page on the WRc corporate website www,wrcplc.co.uk
. Hardware requirements: An internet connected PC running Windows 2000, XP or Vista.