This online training module has been designed to provide water quality professionals with an accessible introduction to important statistical concepts, and to show how appropriate methods can be used to answer common questions such as:
- Is water or effluent quality getting better or worse, or more or less variable?
- What is the risk of non-compliance?
- When have changes occurred and were they gradual or sudden?
- Are we doing enough sampling…or too much?
The course is delivered in an online environment, allowing students to follow the programme at their own pace and in their own time, with concepts taught in bite size tutorials and reinforced by interactive practical sessions using real data. On completion of the course each delegate will be have access to a one-to-one follow-up call with an expert trainer to address any questions arising from the course.Content of the training module
- Essential statistical concepts;
- Characterising and quantifying water quality;
- Dealing with common data quality problems;
- Measuring uncertainty;
- Testing for changes in water quality over time;
- Using the AARDVARK software package;
- Statistical principles of compliance assessment;
- nderstanding water quality standards;
- Compliance assessment in theory and practice;
- Detecting non-compliance;
- Classifying environmental status.
The training module includes training in the use of AARDVARK, WRc's user-friendly software package, enabling users to quickly and easily visualise and analyse routine environmental, drinking water and effluent monitoring data. By the end of the training module delegates will be armed with a toolbox of simple statistical methods and have the knowledge and skills to apply these methods in their day to day jobs.
Target Audience: Water quality planners and modellers, catchment managers, water quality scientists, data analysts, regulatory compliance managers, permitting officers.You will be contacted within 72 hours of purchasing the course to arrange login details for the course and access to the AARDVARK software package.Please read our Terms and Conditions