Considers the broad environmental concerns of climate change, resource use and impact on wildlife, but balances these against the needs for a high quality, safe and healthy internal environment. Issues assessed are grouped into seven categories: energy, transport, pollution, materials, water, ecology and land use, and health and well being. Provides a credible, transparent label for new and converted/renovated homes, including houses, apartments and sheltered accommodation. The document also contains a Rating Prediction Checklist.
- EcoHomes: The environmental rating for homes
- The Context - benefits from environmental improvement; environmental labelling; the objectives, ecoHomes
- Description - detailed description; weightings, the assessment process, using EcoHomes to enhance environmental design and specification
- Quality Assurance
- Appendix A: Issues under EcoHomes
- Appendix B: Beyond EcoHomes
- Contacts and further information