Understanding and managing human impacts on the water environment requires a broad understanding of pollutant sources and pathways, monitoring and control strategies, plus the legislative framework that drives management and investment decisions. This two day training course has been designed specifically to provide water and environmental professionals with the foundational (or refresher) knowledge and skills for the assessment and management of water quality impacts.
The course covers:
- the principals of integrated catchment management
- a primer in hydrology and hydrogeology
- pollutant sources and pathways
- an overview of the Water Framework Directive and other water quality regulations
- types of pollutant and emerging water quality issues
- approaches to monitoring, sampling quality control and uncertainty in data
The course is delivered in an engaging and informal style that takes account of different levels of experience and expertise. Concepts are taught in modules and reinforced by interactive practical sessions involving group discussions and real world scenarios and data.
Who should attend?
This course has been designed for recent graduates, or people moving into, or wanting to upskill in the areas of water quality assessment, water regulation or catchment management. It is suitable for scientists, engineers, technicians and managers working in the public or private sector. The course is relevant to professionals working in the UK water industry and in other sectors that have responsibilities for protecting and managing the water environment. Benefits of completing the course
Price: £650.00 + VAT. Early bird rate of £590 if you book before 30th April 2019.
- Have the knowledge and confidence to scope water quality assessments.
- Greater insight into water quality regulations and how they influence business operations.
- Increased capability to make informed decisions for the water environment.
- An understanding of the uncertainty surrounding collected water quality data.
The course is subject to a minimum number of attendees. WRc reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the course should an insufficient number of people book onto the course on a particular date. In the unlikely event a course is cancelled or re-arranged, all effected delegates will be entitled to a full refund or they have the option to transfer their booking to an alternative date. Full terms and conditions can be found at here
For further information, please contact Vicki Bewes on 01793 865154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.