- Illustrates porous media and groundwater flow with more than 30 photographs of geologic and hydrogeologic features
- Includes detailed explanations of groundwater modeling principles
- Presents tables of hydrogeologic parameters of flow, fate, and transport, allowing speedy access to values needed for calculations
- Provides figures of model setup and model results that let you visualize spatial groundwater model design and output
- Covers the modeling of groundwater flow as well as the fate and transport of contaminants
- Demonstrates the application of theoretical equations to real-world problem solving with step-by-step numeric examples
Coupling the basics of hygrogeology with analytical and numerical modeling methods, Hydrogeology and Groundwater Modeling, Second Edition provides detailed coverage of both theory and practice. Written by a leading hydrogeologist who has consulted for industry and environmental agencies and taught at major universities around the world, this unique book fills a gap in the groundwater hydrogeology literature.
With more than 40 real-world examples, the book is a source for clear, easy-to-understand, and step-by-step quantitative groundwater evaluation and contaminant fate and transport analysis, from basic laboratory determination to complex analytical calculations and computer modeling. It provides more than 400 drawings, graphs, and photographs, and a variety of useful tables of all key groundwater parameters, as well as lucid, straightforward answers to common hydrogeological problems.
Reflecting nearly ten years of new scholarship since the publication of the bestselling first edition, this second edition is wider in focus with added and updated examples, figures, and problems, yet still provides information in the author's trademark, user-friendly style. No other book offers such carefully selected examples and clear, elegantly explained solutions. The inclusion of step-by-step solutions to real problems builds a knowledge base for understanding and solving groundwater issues.