In recent years the MBR market has experienced unprecedented growth. The best practice in the field is constantly changing and unique quality requirements and management issues are regularly emerging.
Membrane Biological Reactors: Theory, Modeling, Design, Management and Applications to Wastewater Reuse comprehensively covers the salient features and emerging issues associated with the MBR technology. The book provides thorough coverage starting from biological aspects and fundamentals of membranes, via modeling and design concepts, to practitioners perspective and good application examples.
Membrane Biological Reactors focuses on all the relevant emerging issues raised by including the latest research from renowned experts in the field. It is a valuable reference to the academic and professional community and suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology.Contents
- Process fundamentals
- Hydraulics of Membrane Bioreactor
- Effluent quality and various water reuse
- Removal of emerging trace organic contaminants by Membrane Bioreactors
- Impacts of hazardous events on performance
- Membrane Bioreactor process, facility design and operation and maintenance
- Cost benefit and environmental life cycle assessment
- Modeling studies
- Aeration and extractive membrane biological reactors
- Anaerobic MBRs
- Hybrid processes, new generation membranes and MBR designs
- Commercial Technologies and selected case studies.